Monday, September 29, 2008

update

i have been absorbing as much sun as i can while it's still here.
They say it should last maybe another month at the latest, then it's time to hunker down and face 7 months of cold and rain.
I can do it.

Days are spent walking long distances, bag full of sketch pads, markers and cameras.
Late afternoons after a day of work/exploring, my head resting on the window of the Max as it takes me over the river back home.
"This is a blue line train to Hillsboro."
Nights, Meg and I will adventure to somewhere new. I draw small maps in my notebooks to remember how to get here and there.
Nights
,popping open white wine and laying out the projects for the night while 6 Feet Under plays in the background.
nights spent in the kitchen, having endless talks with Meg at 1 AM after a tummy full of the best home cooked vegan food i've ever had.
rides
,on the trains and buses, conversations flow openly as every friendly stranger puts all their fences aside and shares. relates. connects.
i could never do that at home. i dont know why.

my mommy calls to say hello.
"um, a friend of yours texted me today. He said I had to fly you home to visit next month. Do you know someone named Josh?"
my friends are an interesting pack of cards.
Story sharing sessions with em em.
And to hear cal artian voices makes my heart swell.


Early morning jogs.
Walks through the colourful neighborhoods, filled with the most beautiful plants and flowers I've ever seen.
Cats that step off their porches to meow hello to you, flipping on their backs and purring loudly.
The grass is so green.
The sky is so clear.
There is so much life here.



it's only just begun.


<3

2 comments:

mikehedge said...

wow love it. great post. you rock.

brigette b said...

I told you Portland was better than San Francisco. Waaaaaaaaaaay more better.